Mum & Me, 1954

Mum & Me, 1954
Mum & Me, 1954

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Kerry Wright - 1968



Kerry Wright
1968

I’m pictured here in my bedroom at Mum and Dad’s home in Dee Why on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, doing something that occupied much of my time in those days – painting and listening to music. My musical tastes were somewhat eclectic back then. I enjoyed both classical and popular music. Nowadays, it’s strictly only classical music for me. I’m wearing headphones so as not to inflict my musical tastes upon my parents. I am holding the recently completed portrait of a friend, Ian, from that time. I don’t know what’s become of the painting. Both it and Ian vanished from my life long ago. Hanging on the wall in the background can be seen various other examples of my artwork, including paintings of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and my copy of a portrait of the German Romantic painter, Philipp Otto Runge, who I considered to be most handsome; albeit in a tragic, consumptive kinda way:

Philipp Otto Runge



No comments:

Post a Comment