Mum & Me, 1954

Mum & Me, 1954
Mum & Me, 1954

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kerry Wright - 1974


Kerry Wright
1974

In 1974 George and I moved into an apartment at 3 Regent Street, Dee Why, on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. This photo of me was taken there. I was 24. George hadn’t long been out of the Royal Australian Navy and I had previously been living at home with my parents. In the background can be seen a glimpse of the little three-piece lounge suite we bought at the Beard Watson store at Dee Why. Also there, we purchased the Murillo print and lamp seen here. Beard Watson was a lovely store, dating back to the 1800s. Sadly, it has since ceased to be. The apartment was a two bedrooms/one bathroom walk-up and was not far from the beach. We spent much of our leisure time at the beach in those days, hence my sun tan. The rent was $30 per week, which now seems unimaginably low, but was average for the time. We were destined to live there for just 12 months – but that’s another story.  


No comments:

Post a Comment