Mum & Me, 1954

Mum & Me, 1954
Mum & Me, 1954

Monday, February 21, 2011

Flora & John Wright - ca.1934


Flora & John Wright - ca.1934

This lovely picture of Mum (Emily Flora Wright nee Glover) with her first-born son, John, is reminiscent of the picture of  Mum and I taken in 1954, located at the top of this blog. Separated by some 20 years, Mum stands protectively behind her sons in both pictures. This photo was taken in my maternal grandparent's back yard, at 8 Mactier Street, Narrabeen, in Sydney. In the middle distance, with his back to the camera, is my Papa, my maternal grandfather (George Henry Glover), tending his garden. Beyond that can be seen a house, which is where my parents lived at No.10, next door. In the far distance can be seen the escarpment of Collaroy Plateau, rising up from the coastal plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment