Mum & Me, 1954

Mum & Me, 1954
Mum & Me, 1954

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Robert Harry Wright - 1937


Robert Harry Wright - 1937

I don't know why this delightful picture of my brother, Robert, has been partially destroyed. It's such a beautiful picture. Robert was my parent's second child. He caused them some considerable worry and distress during his teenage/young-adult years and I am guessing that it was then that perhaps this image was damaged. We'll never know, for sure, what really happened to it. Dad once told me that Mum had cried herself to sleep many times over Robert. I only have very fleeting memories of Robert living at home. He was 12 when I was born in 1949 and he left home when I was only very little. He was conscripted into the Army to do his (at that time) compulsory National Service when he was 18 and I suspect he never returned home after that. Robert was only 45 when he died of a cerebral haemorrhage on 22 May 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment