Mum & Me, 1954

Mum & Me, 1954
Mum & Me, 1954

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Flora, Robert & Kerry Wright - 1950


L-R: Robert Wright & Flora Wright
with baby Kerry Wright
1950

My beloved mother can be seen here perching me atop the seat of my brother Robert's bicycle. I recognize the background as our front yard at 10 Mactier Street, Narrabeen, on Sydney's Northern Beaches. I appear to be fixated on the photographer, probably Dad, whereas Mum and Robert seem to have eyes only for me. Mum and Robert are wearing light woollens, so I'm guessing this photo was probably taken some time around Autumn 1950. I experience a combination of joy and pathos when I view this image. Joy, for the love of my mother and brother, so tangibly displayed here. And pathos for the loss of them both, now passed away. An entire era ended, yet it was only such a short time ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment